Pollutec Innovation Awards is an international competition to support French and international eco-innovative companies.
Since 2016, the Pollutec Innovation Awards, formerly known as the Innovation Showcase, have been rewarding, among the technological and service innovations declared by Pollutec exhibitors, those with high market potential in the environment and energy sectors.
In 2018, at the last physical edition of Pollutec, 191 innovations were submitted, 20 were nominated by the pre-selection jury, and 3 winners were awarded prizes at the show by a jury of 26 professionals (7 investment funds, 5 representatives of territories and developers, 14 major groups).
In 2020, the Pollutec Innovation Awards took place during Pollutec Online. For this 100% digital edition, ten solutions were selected by the pre-selection jury. The selected exhibitors had the opportunity to pitch their innovation in live.
In 2021 after receiving more than 180 applications, a jury of experts met at the end of September to nominate 20 finalists who pitched at the show. The 3 winners are all startups working on the reuse of material
Pollutec Innovation Awards pitches
WeeeCycling has developed a process to produce high-purity copper from factory waste.
Cycl-Add produce which produces new recycled plastics by strengthening their properties and stabilizing.
Circular Materials Srl has developed a process to recover heavy metals in water. This technology should be extended to hydro-metallurgical processes such as battery recycling
A special jury prize was awarded to Sakowin Green Energy for its innovative solution to produce hydrogen on site, on demand, without CO2 emissions and at a competitive cost. The system produces hydrogen gas and solid carbon from methane.
By taking part in the Pollutec Innovation Awards, the candidate companies benefit from a wide visibility among our visitors and all the participants of the exhibition.
For all participants
- Visibility in the exhibitor directory
- Presence in the Innovation book distributed to journalists
- "Innovation 2021" stand identification
- Presence in the Innovation visitor trail distributed during Pollutec
- Media relations
For the 20 finalists
- Announcement of the 20 shortlisted at the press conference before the show and in the press release
- Announcement of the event in the official Pollutec programme
- A pitch session before a jury of 50 buyers and a special opportunity to meet with them
- The opportunity to meet with Innovation and Market Directors from the major exhibiting companies
- Possibility to use the reference “Nominated to the Pollutec Innovation Awards 2021” in your communications
For the 3 laureates
- Presentation on the Plenary Stage
- Interview and a short video report by the Pollutec TV
- Invitation for two people to the Pollutec evening
- Targeted Pollutec 2021 press relations
- One entry to the 2022 National Eco-Enterprise Forum organised by PEXE-French eco-companies network
- A fitted 6 m² stand at Pollutec 2023
The jury is made up of French and international public and private market stakeholders. These include representatives of cities, local governments and industries.
The role of the jury is to evaluate the innovations' potential with regards to specific market requirements.
To assess each candidate, the jury uses a pre-defined grid of criteria.
The final evaluation takes the form of a public pitch session during Pollutec.
Each candidate must perform a 5-minute presentation in front a jury of 50 top buyers and investors.
At the end of the presentation (3 slides), the jury then procedes to a short Q&A with the candidate. The laureates are announced after assessing the jury's evaluations and deliberations.
Success stories from the Pollutec Innovation Awards
Applying to the Pollutec Innovation Awards
In order to apply for the Pollutec Innovation Awards 2023, you should be a registered exhibitor.