Pollutec Innovation Awards is an international competition to support French and international eco-innovative companies.
Since 2016, the Pollutec Innovation Awards, formerly known as the Innovation Showcase, have been rewarding, among the technological and service innovations declared by Pollutec exhibitors, those with high market potential in the environment and energy sectors.
In 2018, at the last physical edition of Pollutec, 191 innovations were submitted, 20 were nominated by the pre-selection jury, and 3 winners were awarded prizes at the show by a jury of 26 professionals (7 investment funds, 5 representatives of territories and developers, 14 major groups).
In 2020, the Pollutec Innovation Awards took place during Pollutec Online. For this 100% digital edition, ten solutions were selected by the pre-selection jury. The selected exhibitors had the opportunity to pitch their innovation in live.
Pollutec Innovation Awards pitches
By taking part in the Pollutec Innovation Awards, the candidate companies benefit from a wide visibility among our visitors and all the participants of the exhibition.
For all participants
- Visibility in the exhibitor directory
- Presence in the Innovation book distributed to journalists
- "Innovation 2021" stand identification
- Presence in the Innovation visitor trail distributed during Pollutec
- Media relations
For the 20 finalists
- Announcement of the 20 shortlisted at the press conference before the show and in the press release
- Announcement of the event in the official Pollutec programme
- A pitch session before a jury of 50 buyers and a special opportunity to meet with them
- The opportunity to meet with Innovation and Market Directors from the major exhibiting companies
- Possibility to use the reference “Nominated to the Pollutec Innovation Awards 2021” in your communications
For the 3 laureates
- Presentation on the Plenary Stage
- Interview and a short video report by the Pollutec TV
- Invitation for two people to the Pollutec evening
- Targeted Pollutec 2021 press relations
- One entry to the 2022 National Eco-Enterprise Forum organised by PEXE-French eco-companies network
- A fitted 6 m² stand at Pollutec 2023
The jury is made up of French and international public and private market stakeholders. These include representatives of cities, local governments and industries.
The role of the jury is to evaluate the innovations' potential with regards to specific market requirements.
To assess each candidate, the jury uses a pre-defined grid of criteria.
The final evaluation takes the form of a public pitch session during Pollutec.
Each candidate must perform a 5-minute presentation in front a jury of 50 top buyers and investors.
At the end of the presentation (3 slides), the jury then procedes to a short Q&A with the candidate. The laureates are announced after assessing the jury's evaluations and deliberations.
- July 16: deadline to compete to Pollutec Innovation Awards
- Mid-September: announcement of the innovations shortlisted for the final phase taking place during the show.
- October 12th:
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: pitch session to French and international market leaders
From 5p.m. (time to be confirmed): the 3 winning innovations will be officially unveiled at Pollutec.
Success stories from the Pollutec Innovation Awards
Applying to the Pollutec Innovation Awards
In order to apply for the Pollutec Innovation Awards 2020, you should be a registered exhibitor.
If you'd like to learn more about exhibiting opportunities and our Startup offer, please visit our Exhibition page: